Department of Homeland Security (DHS) National Initiative for Cybersecurity Careers and Studies (NICCS) Education and Training Catalog (niccs.us-cert.gov)
2011-2015, GDIT supporting Office of the Director of National Intelligence (ODNI) and the Department of Homeland Security (DHS)
In 2011 I was creating online Cybersecurity Awareness training for various agencies, including ODNI. ODNI shared a new framework for Cybersecurity careers that they hoped we could align to their existing training library. As I spoke with them, I realized that their vision was greater: creating a tool to which any and all Cybersecurity trainings could be aligned. I facilitated several design sessions and created a functional proto-type for the client. ODNI shared the prototype with DHS (a partner in the creation of the Cybersecurity Framework). DHS proposed including it in a Cybersecurity Workforce portal they were researching. I developed a white paper showing a way forward for the development of the integrated tools and that idea was turned into a task order for the development of NICCS.
- Product ideation and development.
- Requirements analyst and UX/UI designer; developed requirements, site documentation, and wireframes.
- Graphics Designer for outreach, marketing of site.
- Certified DHS Trusted Tester (accessibility designer and tester).
- Lead Functional, User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Prior to leaving the program I worked with the team to adopt a responsive Drupal theme. The final design was implemented after I left, but leveraged many of my wireframes.
- Developed new business. Our team maintained the contract for six years and now continues to support with a small-business prime.
- My documentation of site policy drove Drupal site best practices within DHS.
- We had the site up in just 8 months!