Analytics, UX Design, Accessibility Guidance and Testing & Strategy for the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) Energystar Program
2014-15, GDIT supporting EPA, Energystar Program, www.engergystar.gov
Energy Star is a voluntary program launched by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency and now managed by the EPA and U.S. Department of Energy that helps businesses and individuals save money and protect the environment through superior energy efficiency (Energystar,2018). Our organization was responsible for the technical implementation of the site as well as an iterative migration to the Drupal platform. We worked closely with other contractors who provided brand and marketing expertise.
- I served as a user-experience and accessible design subject matter expert.
- I reviewed marketing and branding materials for compliance with Section 508, as well as usability heuristics.
- I tested web pages for accessibility, usability and provided feedback to improve the user experience.
- I performed user research, including interviews and analytics (site metrics) analysis to investigate and remediate specific business problems.
- I created wireframes and style guidance for the Drupal migration effort.
- I began an initiative to identify and map the touch points of the Partner Journey.
- My research led to the modernization of a legacy contact management system using the Salesforce platform.
Energy Star. (2018). Home Page. Energystar.Gov. Retrieved from https://www.energystar.gov/